Title: Student Producer/Reporter/Host Intern
Reports to: Managing Editor or Program Director
KGOU Radio, Norman, Oklahoma
KGOU public radio is looking for a Student Producer/Reporter/Host Intern to help us inform our diverse audience and produce engaging stories about the people who live here. This is a unique opportunity to gain practical announcing, reporting and producing experience as a summer intern at the University of Oklahoma’s NPR member station. KGOU has a strong tradition of local, state and regional news coverage and has won ten Oklahoma Associated Press Sweepstakes/Outstanding News Operation awards and five regional Edward R. Murrow Awards.
The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mind, a keen ability to identify and communicate meaningful stories and strong audio production skills. Responsibilities include writing and announcing news, audio production, posting stories for web, producing community events calendar announcements and other operational duties as needed.
- Proficiency with Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- Proficiency with audio or video editing and production software (Adobe Audition or comparable).
- Proficiency in on-air announcing, reporting or audio/video production.
- Ability to work independently, be detail-oriented, reliable and responsible, practice effective time management and perform well under deadline pressure.
- Experience creating digital news content for a blog, website or social media.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills and editorial judgment.
- Regular consumer of news and public affairs reporting.
This position offers up to 40 hours of paid work time per week, primarily weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Days/shifts are flexible; some work may be needed at night or on weekends. This position is temporary, non-exempt with an hourly rate of $12.00 per hour. The anticipated start date is June 1, 2021 and end date is expected to be July 31, 2021.
More information is available at http://kgou.org/jobs. The application is made online at https://jobs.ou.edu – search for Requisition 210713. KGOU Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. KGOU’s broadcasts reach more than one million people in Oklahoma. We also deliver content on our news-forward website, social media, podcasts, mobile apps and smart speakers.