Kansas Public Telecommunication Service
320 West 21st Street North, Wichita, KS 67203
POSITION: Executive Assistant To the President & CEO & Office Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide executive assistance to the President & CEO. Participate in station initiatives to ensure success; act as the face of the station (greeting guests, directing inbound calls); set up meetings of the PBS Kansas Board of Trustees and the Community Advisory Group.
- Maintain the President & CEO calendar; set business appointments, call contacts, prioritize sensitive matters, build positive relationships.
- Maintain a high level of dependability and confidentiality.
- Excellent written skills, prepare communication on behalf of the President/ CEO as requested.
- Assist Board of Trustees with monthly activities (schedule meetings, prepare agendas, maintain official files, order meals, plan events, assist auditors as needed).
- Offer an exceptional customer experience for all visitors and coworkers.
- Assist auditors as necessary by providing timely and complete files as requested.
- Coordinate meetings, maintain minutes, maintain official files, and act as station liaison for the Community Advisory Board (CAB).
- Accept in-bound calls from the public. Direct calls to proper staff as needed. Assist Membership and Pledge donor calls (process a donation, troubleshoot PBS Kansas Passport, answer donor account questions)
- Process and settle all batches for credit card payments (daily payments and monthly sustainer pull), and running reports in Memsys to match transactions for accounting.
- Assist Membership with sending daily “thank you” emails and letters to donors.
- Order supplies for staff general use, as necessary. Regularly check prices and suggest way to lower costs in areas of influence.
- Monthly printed Program Guide mailing - print program guide labels from Memsys, fold, tab, and mail.
- Coordinate staff events (holiday party, community partnerships).
- Take ownership of office appearance and cleanliness, and – work with staff to set and achieve goals.
- Participate in station activities and events, such as: attending special events, coordinating donations and building community partnerships.
- Assist Accounting Coordinator by printing bi-monthly AP checks via Quickbooks, and submit to President/CEO for signature, then mail.
- Prepare daily deposit of checks – send daily totals to Membership Manager, Development, and the President & CEO.
- Open and distribute mail, stamp/date all invoices.
- Mail room: process all outgoing mail daily, refill postage as necessary, provide monthly postal report to accounting, assist staff with issues.
- Manage Petty Cash by keeping monthly reports, and following station policies.
- Schedule travel arrangements and itineraries as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and approved by the President & CEO.
- Manage all non-technical areas of the facility to assure cleanliness, including staff break room.
The President and CEO
- College Graduate plus 5 years’ office experience
- Experience with Microsoft Products
- Excellent Oral/Written skills
- Salary is Negotiable