Position: Chief Engineer, KPTS-DT
Hours: Full time 40 hours/week
Posting Date: October 28, 2019 Accepting applications until December 1, 2019.
We are looking for an experienced hand on Chief Engineer. Duties include, but are not limited to, studio and transmitter maintenance and construction, RF Systems. The ideal candidate will be successful in working well with staff, thinking clearly under pressure, and applying creative solutions in a timely matter. We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated person. Our facilities include a studio, transmitter and translator site. The ideal candidate will also support our staff with all computer-related hardware and software needs; manage local computer networks; manage local phone systems.
- Ability to read, write speak and understand English well
- Five (5) years direct management/supervisory experience
- College degree in an electronic discipline or 4 years related experience
- Valid drivers’ license and vehicle insurance
- Strong background in electronics and RF Engineering
- Have a good working knowledge of and experience with broadcast systems such as automation, satellite systems, cameras, video switchers, audio mixers, recording devices, microwave systems, transmitters and associated test equipment
- Good knowledge of applicable broadcast FCC regulations
- FCC General Class License
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, networking and troubleshooting skills
More detail available at http://www.kpts.org/jobs/.
Apply now by sending your cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 316-838-8586 or KPTS, 320 W. 21st Street North, Wichita, KS 67203
KPTS is Kansas Public Telecommunications Service, Inc. It is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, natural origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.
KPTS is community-licensed and affiliated with Public Broadcast System (PBS) and operates as a non-profit public media entity.