Position Title: KRVS Radio Station: Underwriting Director
Department: 83001|KRVS Radio Station
The Underwriting Director will report to the General Manager of KRVS and is responsible for managing all underwriting sales at KRVS, the public radio equivalent of advertising. Applicants must be comfortable speaking with business owners, making cold calls, and promoting KRVS’s value to the community. The Underwriting Director crafts specific messages for each client and handles all on-air scheduling. Well over 100 local businesses support the radio station financially each year, so applicants must have excellent organizational skills. Fast, friendly communication with every client is essential, including processing accounts payable and receivable with assistance from KRVS’s business and accounting coordinator. The Underwriting Director will also play an integral role in semi-annual membership drives.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Generating revenues that meets/exceeds established sales targets.
• Analyzing and providing necessary sales reports and market analysis that identify growth opportunities.
• Reviewing reports, periodicals, and other materials to identify prospective funding sources.
• Negotiating final agreements with underwriters consistent with state rules and regulations.
• Serving as liaison with other staff regarding underwriting.
• Coordinating underwriter maintenance including billing and collections.
• Identifying prospective corporate funding sources for proposed and existing KRVS programs.
• Delivering effective sales presentations.
• Maintaining client communication and ensuring client satisfaction.
• Working collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
• Monitoring competition to continually find new account leads.
• Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor.
<<External vacancy description>>
• Bachelor’s Degree in Radio and Broadcasting, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or closely related field
• (2) years of related experience preferred.
• The ability to successfully articulate a marketing and sales strategy for broadcast media.
Job Ad# (req1566)
Main Job Description Page
Job Application Page