Responsible for the operational readiness, maintenance, installation, and testing of all broadcast equipment. Also responsible for the installation and maintenance of station IT network and office computers. The position requires a thorough understanding of Master Control and technical production processes, workflow, signal flow, and the operational proficiency with all job related equipment and software.
- Install, operate, and maintain all broadcast equipment, including but not limited to: Studio and field digital video cameras, video servers, routing and switching systems, automation systems, satellite earth-station controllers and receivers, UHF NTSC/ATSC transmitters, microwave radio links, and camera video control panels, and programming.
- Perform as a production, operations, maintenance, or transmitter engineer as needed.
- Troubleshoot, perform software and hardware maintenance and install all production and broadcast related equipment.
- Maintain quality control of recorded materials and take responsibility to discern the issue to correct it.
- Monitor and log transmitter status.
- Perform all broadcast related job functions required by the FCC and maintain broadcast signals within FCC guidelines.
- Responsible for FCC license renewal, maintenance, and integrity.
- Provide set up and operation of video and audio for live remote broadcasts.
- Set up recording equipment, both audio and video, for production and broadcast (e.g. shading cameras, configuring microphones, timing devices for seamless switching…)
- Respond to viewers phone calls and e-mails regarding reception problems and other technical concerns.
- Attend training sessions relevant to the job function at the station.
- Implement technical infrastructure and provide systems integration for present needs and provide on-going research and vision for future needs
- Install and maintain office computers and networking equipment. Provide upgrades and repairs as needed.
Manage and maintain station IT network and server platforms and manage data recovery procedures and operations as needed.
Maintain the integrity of the station’s digital facilities and contents, including e-mail services, firewall(s), and FTP server(s)
- Exhibit a strong commitment to the mission and goals of public broadcasting.
KSMQ Public Television
att: Human Resources
2000 8th Avenue NW
Austin, MN 55912