Based in Spokane, WA, KSPS Public Television is a national PBS affiliate that serves audiences from Calgary and Edmonton in Canada to cities and regions across Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Montana. This extensive geographic reach, among the largest in public television, encompasses over 2 million households.
We are looking for an individual that is great with numbers, as well as people, to fill our Accounting/Administration Officer opening. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, team- and detail-oriented, and comfortable working on multiple tasks with tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have high integrity and have the flexibility to wear multiple hats within our small organization.
This position is responsible for a multitude of accounting activities at KSPS including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, annual reporting to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the support of budgeting and forecasting activities. The Accounting/Administration Officer works closely with the General Manager and has contact with members of the board who serve on the Finance Committee.
Major Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance of all journal entries of the accounting function for KSPS. Creates entries for cash and charges deposited in banks, reconciles bank statements, tracks Underwriting Revenue and creates entries for recognized revenue. Separates and posts journal entries for all video sales.
- Processes all accounts receivables for KSPS. Prepares any other billings as necessary and prepares all journal entries for signed contacts for Underwriting.
- Prepares all accounts payables for KSPS. Produces all payables and prints all necessary checks for payment. Mails out checks and files invoices with proof of payment. Creates 1099 forms at end of calendar year as necessary.
- Responsible for processing payroll so that all KSPS employees are paid on set pay dates.
- Provides management support as necessary. Creates and posts monthly journal entries for market adjustments and converts payments from Canadian to US dollars.
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial reports as necessary.
- Prepares trial balances and work sheets for auditors and provides auditors with documents during audits.
- Provides department heads and management with historical account information to help with annual budgeting processes.
- Works with General Manager and Department Managers on budget planning and execution, along with managing grants.
- Serves as a resource for accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Process quarterly tax reports and related payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Previous experience with accounting software is required
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Previous experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budgeting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work as part of team; identify with and support the mission of KSPS
- A commitment to the values of KSPS: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion, Inclusion and Initiative
Compensation & Benefits:
Depends on experience. Generous benefit package that includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan and Life and Disability Insurance.
Please apply via the link below: