KSTK is a Public Radio station serving Wrangell, Alaska, a small island community in the southeast panhandle of Alaska. We are looking for a Development Director to work a salaried position at 20 hours per week.
- Do you care about helping businesses and organizations?
- Are you good at fundraising or think that you might be?
- Do you find satisfaction hitting deadlines and achieving goals?
- Have you ever been curious about working in a small-town Alaska community?
If you said yes to a few of these questions, this job may be right for you. KSTK is accepting resumes and letters of interest for the position of Development Director.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a plan to seek corporate business financial support from local, regional, and statewide sources.
- Responsible for fulfilling an annual budget goal through businesses, corporation and non-profit sponsorship and underwriting.
- Prepares and maintains contracts.
- Writes and produces underwriting and non-profit donor announcement.
- Ensures radio underwriting and non-profit announcements are in compliance with FCC regulations and station guidelines.
- Insures proper logging and airing of announcements.
- Coordinates with General Manager and Program Director in planning and conducting Membership Drives, auctions and special events.
- Works with other CoastAlaska Development Directors on underwriting, marketing and fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Reports directly to the General Manager.
- Good professional/casual appearance and public presentation skills.
- Good writing skills, familiar with proposal and/or grant writing.
- Familiarity with broadcast and online media preferred.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience in non-profit fundraising preferred.
Send resume and letter of interest by email to KSTK General Manager Cindy Sweat: firstname.lastname@example.org