KTOO is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Video Producer to join our team to create and manage local video content on KTOO’s 360 North public affairs channel, on www.ktoo.org, and in related social media sites. The video producer will also create content for media partners and clients. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in television multimedia production and technical operations.
- Develops and produces local programs and series, including live special event coverage.
- Represents KTOO to partners, clients, program distributors and the public.
- Supervises master control for KTOO-TV and operates complex broadcast and online operations systems, including program automation, network satellite systems, traffic software and digital editing systems.
- Manages brand and schedule promotion, station breaks and promotional spots for the 360 North channel.
- Manages viewer services, video sales and audience relations.
- Directs multi camera live remote and studio productions
- Supervises and coordinates television studio and remote production set ups
- Shoots and edits field recorded video elements
Required and Preferred Skills
- Experience in digital media production and/or programming (R)
- Skills in producing, writing and editing (P)
- Experience operating complex software systems and broadcast production equipment (P)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with other staff (R)
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide news reporting and program production. Juneau is a small but cosmopolitan capital city of 32,000 people with some of the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. The community is safe, attractive and offers abundant outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, skiing, climbing and hiking, in a magnificent natural setting. Two hours from Seattle, Juneau’s climate is more like the Pacific Northwest than Interior Alaska. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 30s.