The Development Manager position:
- oversees a strategic major underwriting program, meets annual revenue targets and move prospects through the cultivation/solicitation cycle.
- Serves as an appropriate representative of Texas Tech Public Media to the public.
- Plans, coordinates and directs activities to secure and maintain underwriting for Texas Tech Public Media from various entities. Brings in new corporate support revenue to reach development goals.
- Coordinates strategies with membership and development colleagues to secure corporate, foundation, grants and private funding for the station’s operations and programs.
- Devises and systematically tests new and creative engagement and cultivation strategies to ensure best practices and develops these strategies in concert with the management team. Facilitates discussions among Texas Tech Public Media staff about development opportunities.
- Takes the lead in executing corporate support fundraising and events. Identifies philanthropic opportunities within the community; actively participates in cultivation plans with development, sales staff and production.
- Bachelor's degree with two years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal six years.
- Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals. Proven track record of developing new business as well as success in management of an existing account base. Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in public broadcasting, media or non-profit development.
- An understanding of or direct experience with on-air fundraising in a public media organization strongly desired. The ability to deal effectively with a variety of public and private clients and groups; proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office and online searches.
Hours Per Week:
Send Application Materials To:
Please apply at http://www.texastech.edu/careers/hr/ using requisition number 28000BR.