Director of News
KUNC is seeking an experienced and visionary leader as KUNC’s Director of News. The Director of News will take a leadership role in designing and implementing a strategy for KUNC that will meet the needs and expectations of our community as it relates to news & information programming. The successful candidate will manage and lead a talented staff in planning, producing, and presenting relevant and engaging news & information content across various platforms with an all-encompassing vision of public media news service to the Front Range.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Four years professional news experience in a supervisory role required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field preferred, but not required
- Ability to lead a team and effectively manage and supervise staff
- Solid news judgment, including an awareness of general news
- Ability to maintain high journalistic standards of objectivity, balance and fairness
- Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent time frames and changing priorities/conditions.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at KUNC and within the public broadcasting system.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus, but not required.
Position requires a passion for developing visionary ideas, commitment to journalism ethics and principles, excellent communication skills, and prior professional news experience in a leadership role.
For best consideration, apply by Monday, February 3rd, 2020.