Weekend Edition Host/General Assignment Reporter
KUNC is seeking an experienced, charismatic, dedicated anchor and producer for Weekend Edition with general assignment reporting duties. We look for sharp, curious, hard-working, team-oriented people devoted to the mission of public media who are excited by new ideas, experimenting, and helping to grow an evolving organization in service to our communities.
We participate in several regional journalism collaborations, and regularly have stories picked up by All Things Considered, Morning Edition, and other national programs. We provide leadership and editorial oversight of coverage of the Colorado state legislature through our statewide distributed Capital Coverage.
A brief description of duties can be found below. For a complete job description, please visit https://www.kunc.org/employment-internships.
Connect with and lead our audience through morning on-air shifts of Weekend Edition. When not hosting, you will be writing and reporting newscast content, breaking general assignment and evergreen features and engaging our audience and community via social media. This includes writing and anchoring four hourly newscasts, live hosting as well as voice tracking other weekend and weekday automation breaks. This person will also serve as a backup host for Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
This is a full-time, in-office position working weekends and three weekdays. Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to community engagement, events, and on-air pledge drives.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A minimum of two years of on-air or podcast work using journalistic principles, and online reporting resulting in high-quality production and voicing.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants who have at least one year of hosting experience within an NPR clock.
- A bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of, and strict adherence to, journalistic ethics and standards, specifically NPR news.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality content and programming.
- Ability to create daily spots, and occasional features, perform research, conduct effective interviews, and maintain organized records.
- Demonstrated skill in producing high quality audio and online news using clear writing, clean production, and smooth announcing.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration, apply by June 27, 2021.
Salary Range - $49,800-$51,600/year
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including:
-health & dental care with over 90% of premiums paid by employer
-life & short-term disability insurance
-403b retirement with company match
-8 paid holidays, +1 floating holiday
-maternity/paternity/partner leave and more.
CRNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.
For best consideration, apply by June 27, 2021.