- An ardent supporter of public media and the important role it plays in our community and our democracy
- Inspired by KUOW’s mission, vision, and values.
- A goal-driven philanthropic leader with a proven track-record of delivering big fundraising results
- A “people person” adept at building relationships (internally and externally)
- An analytical thinker who dives into data and KPIs to understand trends and optimize performance
- A collaborator who’s not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in.
- Passionate about providing coaching, mentoring, and training opportunities for your team
KUOW, 94.9 FM, Seattle’s NPR news station and the Puget Sound region’s #1 radio station for news. Our independent, nonprofit newsroom produces award-winning stories, podcasts and events. Each week, nearly a half-million listeners tune-in to our broadcast stream our content on KUOW.org and via smart speakers. As a self-sustaining service of the University of Washington, our mission is to create and serve a more informed public. Read our 2019 Annual report to learn more.
As Director, Philanthropy, you are responsible for growing KUOW’s major giving efforts (defined as those gifts $10,000+). Lead the vision, strategy, implementation and execution of all major fundraising from individuals, government agencies and foundations including planned giving and capital campaigns. You will lead a team of five talented, motivated Development Officers to achieve our annual revenue goal and also serve as a member of our Senior Leadership team helping guide KUOW for the next decade and beyond.