News and Public Affairs Producer
KUSM-TV - Montana PBS
For complete job announcement and application procedures, go to:
Equal Opportunity, Veterans/Disabled
KUSM-TV | MontanaPBS is seeking a motivated, professional, and experienced News and Public Affairs producer. This individual will develop and produce programs addressing community issues, current events, political coverage as well as general public affairs programming across the state of Montana. The News & Public Affairs producer will be based in Bozeman, a vibrant college town nestled in the Rocky Mountains of southwest Montana, with easy access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, and a thriving cultural scene.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Create and produce high quality news and public affairs programming with strict adherence to journalistic standards of balance and fairness.
- Shoot, host, edit, write and post-produce video content for broadcast, online, & social media platforms using industry standard digital tools and software.
- Exhibit the highest level of editorial independence and integrity, internal to the station, and to the public at large.
- Collaborate with KUFM-TV News and Public Affairs Producers.
- Under limited supervision, manage complex broadcast projects while collaborating with multiple team members.
- Supervise student production employees/interns.
- Support general production activities of the station and other projects as assigned.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in broadcast television news as producer/director/reporter covering politics, news and public affairs.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough research and interviews, assess news and make editorial judgments.
- Demonstrated on-camera presentation skills including live interviews and live shots.
- Demonstrated working knowledge using a variety of television production equipment, including cameras, audio and lighting gear, as well as working knowledge of video editing industry standards tools and software.
- Demonstrated ability working effectively alone or with a team, consistently exercising initiative and good judgment under minimal supervision.
For complete job announcement and application procedures, go to: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/13685