KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center.
JOB TITLE: Director, Corporate Development
REPORTS TO: President of the Commonwealth Fund
- Create, execute, and evaluate fundraising strategies to secure and grow on-air, digital, event, education and community sponsorships from corporate partners.
- Understand KET’s vision, programs, and services in order to align needs with funding opportunities, and to communicate/articulate a case for support.
- Secure new, rejoin, renew and upgrade corporate partners, with an emphasis on regional, state and national companies, foundations, non-profits, government entities, and advertising agencies.
- Responsible for tracking and meeting monthly revenue goals, expense budgets and contact metrices. Provide detailed monthly reports with data analysis, interpretation and next steps. Accountability based on fund raising achievement.
- Manage a portfolio of current partners and prospects as well as designated accounts for leadership.
- Supervise a team of Corporate Development Officers in their scope of work as described herein.
- Using all available resources, gather and research leads to identify viable donor prospects with the interests, giving capacity and relationships that align with KET.
- Strengthen partner relationships from cold calls, cultivation, solicitation, closing the gift to stewardship.
- Write, design and present funding proposals using available resources and multiple platforms.
- Ensure records of contacts, acknowledgments and research are up-to-date in database and file systems.
- For program partners receiving on-air acknowledgment credit, facilitate production and traffic processes in coordination with KET staff.
- Refine sponsorship benefits and work with KET staff to ensure appropriate donor recognition on all platforms.
- Support three Commonwealth Fund boards of directors in corporate solicitations by members and other board initiatives.
- In addition to securing sponsorships, assist with statewide events as needed, including committee and volunteer management.
- Working closely with KET staff, help reinforce a culture of philanthropy to advance the common goals of the Fund and KET.
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for KET’s programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and qualifications, plus a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, media sales or a related field. In addition, this position requires:
- Demonstrated success in fund raising, sales or resource development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and database management skills
- Self-supporting administrative, marketing and office skills
- Leadership and supervisory experience preferred
- Travel and extended work hours expected
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.
Please go to www.ket.org/jobs; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.