KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center.
JOB TITLE: Director, Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Marketing and Online Content
- Leads the creation and execution of marketing campaigns, including development of creative briefs, tactical plans, timelines, budgets, campaign creative, and delivery channels in support of the agency’s integrated marketing plan.
- Directs the planning, research, messaging, design and distribution of marketing campaigns on multiple channels –advertising, promotion, PR, collateral, sales concepts, electronic communications (including websites, videos, social media, etc.), events, trade shows, Visions magazine, corporate communications – with integrated approaches across channels, products and programs assuring alignment with overall agency brand messaging, marketing plan, and creative identity.
- Infuse a culture of continuous improvement, through leading-edge digital and traditional tactics, ongoing evaluation and strengthening of KET’s marketing and PR practices and staff professional development. Leads mar/comm staff to develop compelling campaigns that support agency needs and strategies. Identifies trends, best practices, and opportunities for alternative strategies and programs.
- Plans and executes campaign budgets and tracks costs. Evaluates research regarding demographics and market trends in order to implement efficient marketing tactics.
- Supervise employees in the mar/comm department, including advertising, promotion, CRM, communications, public relations, and listings coordinators, as well as the staff photographer, contractors and vendors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include internal communication, team-building, interviewing, recommending for hire, coaching, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for promotion and content marketing on the KET website, and on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other social media services.
- Determines the appropriate use of and directs vendors, including advertising agencies, digital product developers, and off-site print production, in order to advance agency goals.
- Advances marketing automation and analytics to improve ROI.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Director of Marketing, Director of Design, Online Content Manager, and On-Air Promotion Manager to develop consistent, coordinated marketing across all marketing channels.
- Maintains relationships with state and national media and serves as secondary spokesperson for KET. Authorizes articles and interviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline; and 10+ years of related experience, including 5+ years managing or supervising teams; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Public broadcasting experience.In addition, this position requires:
- Exceptional creative, writing and editing skills.
- A proven record of complex, multi-channel, creatively brilliant marketing campaigns that exceed quantifiable goals.
- Proficient in project management, execution and delivery, providing creative direction and tracking progress against objectives. Ability to direct multiple, high-visibility, high-urgency projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of and experience in change management, idea creation, employee development, coaching and cross-team effectiveness. Demonstrated leadership in fostering continuous learning, empowerment, involvement and opportunities. Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills with internal and external stakeholders, staff and vendors.
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making and motivate others, especially during complex and challenging situations.
- Ability to provide inspiration. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner internally to identify, prioritize and deliver on strategic goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Wordpress, email marketing systems, social media platforms. CRM experience preferred.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.