Position: General Manager
Definition: Under the supervision of the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation's Board of Directors, the General Manager is the chief administrator of the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation. This position is responsible for the proper operation of KSKO Radio and all business by the Kuskokwim Public Broadcasting Corporation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, High School Diploma or GED.
- College degree in broadcasting or communications preferred.
- Three years demonstrated management experience, preferably in public or community radio.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and professional skills to work effectively with paid and volunteer staff, community, listeners and the Board of Directors.
- Experience with automation systems required.
- Proven ability in fiscal management, fundraising and grant management required.
- Familiarity with Alaska public broadcasting preferred.
- Must have the ability and experience to host a radio program in any genre of music and the ability to host and produce a newscast and obtain news.
- Computer and accounting skills preferred.
- Experience requirements may be waived at the discretion of the KPBC Bord of Directors.
- Due to small staff size, responsibilities may include the following areas: business, technical, operations/programming and news.
A detailed job description is available by upon request. Contact: Candace Waruch at 907-574-0609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Submit a resume including a detailed work history with three references and cover letter to: KPBC/KSKO, Attn: General Manager Hiring Committee at email@example.com.
Inquiries about the position and the lifestyle in rural Alaska are welcome.