MPT Associate Producer, Maryland Farm & Harvest series
MPT - Content Enterprises
7/22/2022 12:30:00 PM
Open Until Filled
$40,745.00 - $55,058.00/year
Maryland Public Television, which is commonly known by its familiar name "MPT", is a public television network that comprises six television stations that broadcast throughout the entire state of Maryland as well as into the District of Columbia and parts of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. MPT is the only state-wide broadcaster in Maryland. MPT is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Public Television
11767 Owings Mills Blvd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Main Purpose Of Job
The Associate Producer will support the Series Producer and create informational, entertainment, and feature segments for broadcast and multimedia distribution as part of Maryland Farm & Harvest, a program on MPT that showcases the state's number one industry: agriculture.
This is a Special Appointment position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
· Collaborate with the program producer to meet and maintain the editorial mission, program balance, and continuity. Adjust when necessary.
· Write and create segments/programs and supply finished scripts using professional scripting templates.
· Identify, create, and deliver content for social media to promote the show and engage viewers.
· Drive state production vehicles to and from production locations.
· Maintain a rights database for all third-party elements and principals, including location and participant releases, permits, and copyrighted material used within the program.
· Shoot still photos on location for promotional purposes.
· Edit project rough and fine cuts on AVID non-linear systems using professional specifications and protocols to deliver segments, programs, and elements on deadline.
· Use assigned internal workflow designations to acquire, safeguard, and archive digital media.
· Create and deliver program metadata when assigned.
· Independently research program subjects via the internet, telephone interview, and other means as required and assigned.
· Compile program\segment ideas. Write and deliver professionally styled treatments as assigned, meeting deadlines.
· Storyboard and outline programs\segments for approval by the producer.
· Compile and deliver program production strategies accounting for geographical locations; story principals, production locations, transportation\lodging; and special logistics.
· Create accurate production timelines for segments and programs.
· Book production facilities, equipment, and personnel for location production.
· Support the Content Enterprises Division by writing proposals and scripts; producing on-location or in-studio; editing projects; and, serving as Associate Producer on other projects, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in film, media, mass communications, or related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience which involved the various aspects of television production such as research, writing, segment production, editing and knowledge of cameras and equipment.
1. Experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience delivering high-quality broadcast programs on budget and on-deadline, and managing the day-to-day operations of a series and a series staff.
Experience with Adobe’s Premiere, Creative Cloud, and Avid Media Composer software.
Experience with broadcast-feature producing, writing and editing skills.
A strong background in journalism.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
The selected candidate must be willing to work flexible hours to include a short turnaround, overtime, holidays, and weekends. The selected candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more due to the weight of the equipment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
The online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland Public Television – HR, 11767 Owings Mills Blvd., Owings Mills, MD., 21117. Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-581-4382. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact S Hudson at 410-581-4267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Apply via the State of Maryland application process.