Main Purpose of Job
The Sr. Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for IT strategy, program delivery and operational support for IT network systems of MPT. In addition to managing the ongoing IT network operations, this position is responsible for the security of the IT network, managing remote access for staff and contractors, web domains, hosting and external internet support. Responsibilities include IT support to our six (6) broadcast stations.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
- Oversee the computer network operations with respect to design, installation, planning, and maintenance
- Responsible for the overall operation of the IT network, phone system (desk and mobile) and helpdesk
- Evaluate and execute technical initiatives to support business and production missions of MPT’s various departments
- Develop an annual budget, goals, and objectives, evaluate the legacy platforms, determine future direction and initiatives of the department
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with state systems’ Department of Information Technology
- Maintain close partnerships with MPT departments, vendors and various contractors
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Public Administration, or a closely related field.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of experience in data security/cybersecurity implementation and maintenance across the organization, developing and maintaining disaster recovery, business continuity plan and change management utilizing IT resources.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Evidence of continuing education, such as SBE certifications
Experience with radio and television operations and/or content creation
Experience with PCI compliance - data security and cyber security
Must be a creative and visionary thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action
Experience implementing best industry standards for an enterprise-level environment to ensure smooth and reliable business operations
Demonstrated experience effectively managing complex projects, budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities
Demonstrated skill and successful experience in organizational change and transition management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes
Ability to explain highly complex technical projects in easy to understand terms to non-technical colleagues
To apply, you must submit an online application to http://www.mpt.org/about/careers/