The team behind the Peabody Award-winning podcast, Believed, is working on a new limited-run podcast and we’re looking for a senior producer to help us make it!
The ideal candidate is a seasoned audio producer and team player. They’re comfortable, and excited about, collaborating with high school students on a creative product. They understand what makes a good story and love to edit audio. They’re organized, meet deadlines and work well with others.
This is a 1-year term limited, full-time position that will report to the project’s executive producer. The job is based in Ann Arbor.
- 5+ years of podcast production experience at a high-level
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- Have extensive experience editing audio -- Adobe Audition preferred, but not required
- Have experience as a mentor and/or working with students
- Be able to handle tight deadlines and incorporate edits and feedback
- Have strong editorial judgment and skills
- Proven ability to craft a compelling story
- Be able to conduct interviews, edit audio, mix, etc.
- Produce the limited-run podcast for Michigan Radio, including: edit audio, conduct interviews, and collaborate with a select number of high school students on the show’s content and editorial arc.
- Meet weekly with students to work on podcast
- Travel as necessary for in-person interviews and live events related to the podcast
- Research and pitch possible guests, story ideas for the podcast.
- Work closely with Story Editor/Executive Producer
The University of Michigan is an equal/opportunity affirmative action employer.
How To Apply:
Apply online at www.umjobs.org and click on Keyword. Enter the following Job#179772. Follow online application instructions. Please upload a cover letter and resume. No phone calls, faxes, or emailed applications will be accepted.