Work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, with nights and weekends as needed.
Responsible for fulfilling funding needs of Milwaukee PBS by identifying, cultivating and soliciting underwriting support, primarily from corporate, corporate foundation and association prospects. Works with Milwaukee PBS staff to ensure contract deliverables are achieved effectively with each corporate partner. Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio, conducting prospect research, and seeking affinity through networking and appointments to develop relationships that lead to solicitation. Reports directly to Chief Development Officer; works closely with all Milwaukee PBS leaders, particularly related to specific funding needs and deliverables.
- Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive accelerated underwriting growth by achieving strategic goals that align with Milwaukee PBS' mission, through making direct calls and identifying opportunities which develop new business that supports operations, production and activities.
- Drive strategic identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for a portfolio in various stages of giving -- prospect, active giving, lapsed giving.
- Develop strong funding presentations/proposals and supporting marketing materials (budgets, timelines, and images) to drive revenue growth with existing and new corporate partners.
- Conduct ongoing market research to determine programming opportunities to maximize the investment and interest of corporate partners.
- Manage an active calendar to meet proposal and contract deadlines. Effectively report on corporate partnership activities, both internally and externally.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in database to track activities and deliverables, and implement a system for moves management.
- Build and sustain effective relationships within the business community. Ensure regular communications (in-person, written and verbal) with current partners and prospects.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of Nielsen ratings data to effectively communicate the reach and marketing efficacy of Milwaukee PBS underwriting and support.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of FCC guidelines as they relate to non-profit media underwriting announcements to ensure on-air scripts are in compliance with current regulations.
- Create underwriting copy, enter underwriting contracts, traffic underwriting announcements and ensure associated administration processes are operating effectively.
- Manage corporate support annual budget and forecasting. Establish aggressive annual and multi-year goals.
- Work cross-departmentally to identify ongoing and potential projects suitable for funding. Continually educate and update internal partners about opportunities and what's required to achieve funding.
- Work cross-departmentally to understand and describe projects and budgets, and to ensure contract deliverables and budgets are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with Major Giving and Grant Writing areas to maximize potential for corporate support.
- Help advance a culture of philanthropy within the organization.
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
Required Education: Bachelor's degree. (In lieu of degree, see required work experience.)
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree with a focus in media, communications, marketing, public relations or business.
Required Experience: Three (3) years experience in corporate partnerships and support OR In lieu of degree, nine (9) years equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Experience: Five (5) years experience in corporate partnerships and support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Market and prospect research experience and familiarity with online research tools.
- Functional knowledge of how to develop funding presentations, proposals and budgets.
- Experience in a nonprofit fundraising setting, public media a plus.
- Knowledge of the local business community and business leaders, as well as their current interests and guidelines.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail and analytical abilities. Motivated and creative self-starter.
- Experience managing a prospect portfolio with revenue expectations.
- Experience in using a prospect management database, Allegiance a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google programs (Gmail, Google calendar, Google Drive/Docs).
- Committed and enthusiastic about the mission, programs and services of Milwaukee PBS.
- Demonstrated success in acquisition and fulfillment of corporate funding.
- Ability to cultivate strong, positive relationships, work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Proven experience creating annual and multi-year work plans to achieve revenue goals.
- Available to travel to meet funders and prospects.