Mississippi Public Broadcasting is looking for a producer to join our award-winning news team for our weekday radio news and public affairs program Mississippi Edition. The program provides an in-depth focus and discussion on local and statewide issues. This position is expected to generate program ideas, book guests for interviews, and conduct background research to produce unique, distinctive, and outstanding content. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with excellent writing and organizational skills and capable of working across multiple media platforms.
This is a full-time position that’s eligible for full benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision, ten paid holidays and a 401(a)-retirement plan.
Mississippi Public Broadcasting is one of three partner stations of The Gulf States Newsroom. This exciting, new collaborative reporting project works to plan coverage, share resources, and increase reporting power in the gulf region.
We are an eight-station statewide television and radio network. The news team has been honored with four National Edward R. Murrow awards and several regional awards for excellence in broadcast journalism.
RESPONSIBILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrates sound news judgment and the ability to produce compelling public radio style content
• Book guests and generate creative segment/program ideas for a statewide audience
• Writes and edits copy for web and social media and engages with audiences through social media
• Attend news planning meetings and actively generate compelling story ideas
• Other duties may include producing coverage of special news events, conducting interviews and the ability to operate broadcast audio equipment
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and 1-4 years of experience.
Careers@mpbonline.org or applications may be submitted online by clicking here.