Mississippi Public Broadcasting is looking for seasoned producer to fill the position of Executive Producer for our award-winning weekday radio news and public affairs program Mississippi Edition. The program provides an in-depth focus and discussion on local and statewide issues. This position is expected to generate program ideas, book guests for interviews, and conduct background research to produce unique, distinctive and outstanding content. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with excellent writing and organizational skills and capable of working across multiple media platforms. This position is classified as Non-State Service, Exempt. EOE M-F
RESPONSIBILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrates sound news judgement and the ability to produce compelling public radio style content
- Book guests and generate creative segment/program ideas for a statewide audience
- Writes and edits copy for web and social media and engages with audiences through social media
- Attend news planning meetings and actively generate compelling story ideas
- Other duties may include producing coverage of special news events, conducting interviews and the ability to operate broadcast audio equipment
A Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Radio/Television/Film or a directly related field (AND) four (4) years experience in work directly related to the above-described duties;
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Radio/Television/Film or a directly related field (AND) five (5) years experience in work directly related to the above-described duties;
Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED), (AND) nine (9) years of experience in work directly related to the above-described duties;
Above graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED), directly related education and related experience may be substituted on an equal basis.
- See Web Site for complete description (www.mpbonline.org)
- Applicants may email resumes to email@example.com
- Applicants may go online to Mississippi State Personnel Board (www.mspb.ms.gov), Click on Job Seekers. This will take you to the “JOB OPENINGS” page. Read instructions thoroughly to apply for job opening.
- Applicants may submit State of Mississippi application to Mississippi Public Broadcasting, Attn: Personnel, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211