JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
If you’re ready to be a part of a growing, award winning news team, Mississippi Public Broadcasting (MPB) wants to hear from you. We’re looking for a managing editor, who’s an experienced, curious journalist with strong news judgement to help guide, grow and build upon our success as a recognized statewide news source. Our ideal candidate will play an important role in ensuring the excellence and editorial integrity of MPB News. The managing editor will work under the supervision of the news director to help manage day to day news coverage. We’re looking for a dynamic leader who can direct our reporting across radio broadcasts and digital platforms. This includes developing story ideas, tracking issues and events as well as writing and editing. Position requires a commitment to journalism ethics and principles. As managing editor, on a regular basis, this person will produce NPR-style news stories/features on issues of local and regional interest and may be called upon to anchor and host programs. We prefer someone with at least three years of experience working in a daily newsroom, including in an editorial or management role. Public radio experience is preferred or have familiarity and awareness of how a dynamic audio story is produced and edited. This position is classified as Non-State Service, Exempt. EOE M-F
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years in journalism, preferably daily news experience
- Newsroom management or leadership experience
- Working knowledge of journalism ethics and AP style
- Strong presentation and vocal skills
- Ability to multitask and turn material quickly
- Experience in public radio/public media preferred
A Master's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; (AND) Six (6) years of special experience as defined below, three (3) years of which must have been in line or functional administrative or advanced supervision.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; (AND) Seven (7) years of special experience as defined below, three (3) years of which must have been in line or functional administrative or advanced supervision.
Above high school diploma or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma), related education and special experience may be substituted on an equal basis, except there shall be no substitution for the three (3) years of line or functional administrative or advanced supervision.
- See Web Site for complete description (www.mpbonline.org)
- Applicants may email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants may go online to Mississippi State Personnel Board (www.mspb.ms.gov), Click on Job Seekers. This will take you to the “JOB OPENINGS” page. Read instructions thoroughly to apply for job opening.
- Applicants may submit State of Mississippi application to Mississippi Public Broadcasting, Attn: Personnel, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211