NEPM enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
New England Public Media is a multi-media organization producing and broadcasting radio, TV and digital content to western New England from our studios in Springfield, MA. Our public radio service offers a mix of NPR news, classical and jazz.
The Radio Producer-Announcer’s primary responsibility is to host and to select music for broadcast drawing from popular classical literature as directed by the Sr. Director of Radio. Additional duties include producing digital content, working collaboratively with other editorial. marketing and development units on the production of music content, helping with the operation of the station’s music database and participating in fundraising, promotional and community engagement activities.
• Host classical music; operate board and maintain studio logs and readings; report all discrepancies.
• Execute station-generated programming or make music selections in accordance with station policy.
• Assist with the operation and management of the station’s music data base.
Digital Content Production
• Produce or assist with the creation and presentation of digital content including original music, web production, podcasts and social media initiatives.
• Collaborate with other units within the organization on the production and promotion of music content.
• Participate in station fundraising and promotional activities as assigned.
•. Attend department and all-staff meetings.
Must be an appealing on-air presenter of classical music with a friendly conversational delivery.
Substantial knowledge of classical music required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
NEPM is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, NEPM does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
NEPM will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 617-300-2000.