New England Public Media is a community supported, independent non profit organization. We provide an essential and trusted voice for our region through local reporting and locally produced music and multi media platforms, connecting the region to the world through our media partnerships.
New England Public Media (NEPM) is hiring for a Senior Director of Corporate Sponsorship to join our team in Springfield, MA. This position is hybrid, working 3 days on site and 2 days remote. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Base Salary with Commission
- Excellent health benefits including savings plan with company match
- Generous paid time off program
In your role as our Senior Director of Corporate Sponsorship, you will be responsible for the oversight of your team’s sales programs as well as personally managing and directly securing corporate funding for NEPM’S local media operations by raising awareness in the marketplace for public media (television, radio, digital, print, and events) as a marketing solution for local businesses.
Success in this role includes:
- A passion for sales and matching corporate marketing goals to the right program
- Drive (A Hunter) to lead and motivate your team to achieve sales targets in an atmosphere of success and accountability
- Exceptional customer service mindset with a desire to exceed expectations
- Building internal and external relationships that result in long term partnerships
- Skillfully negotiating for results and successful outcomes for NEPM and our partners
- Being team oriented with a focused, positive attitude on achieving objectives that result in organizational success
- Thinking analytically and proposing ideas based on data analysis and trend, resulting in securing reoccurring revenue
- Developing and executing to the Corporate Sponsorship Strategic Plan, including but not limited to market potential, acquisition strategy, revenue projection and pricing
- Leading, training and developing the sales team to achieve and exceed individual and team revenue goals
- Driving revenue opportunities with existing and new sponsors
- Actively participating in community events to develop relationships and mine revenue opportunities
- Negotiating for and executing fair and balanced trade agreements
- Supporting marketing efforts to develop effective sales materials for audio, web and other multi media platforms
- Producing and delivering progress and revenue potential reports to senior leadership
- Managing and leading informative, motivating team meetings that drive passion
- Developing a pipeline of future NEPM associates
- Proven skill at developing and executing sales strategies
- Confident and skilled at developing and delivering presentations to small and large audiences
- Persuasive with strong negotiation skills than result in closing deals that are fair and equitable
- Skilled problem solver with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and priorities on a daily basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment that thrives on productivity
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Work without close supervision and execute strategic plans to meet organizational needs
- Effectively listen and seek clarification to ensure understanding
- Quickly and creatively respond to needs, identify new opportunities and develop long-range strategies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years front line sales experience in Public Media
- 3 years direct supervisory experience of sales associates in the media field
- Hybrid Work Environment 3 days on site / 2 days remote (must have the ability to work remotely effectively)
- Work is primarily sedentary in an office setting with extensive computer/telephone work
- Position requires regional travel when authorized, to fulfill responsibilities, attend events and meet potential partners. Must have reliable personal transportation/license/ability to meet this requirement.