Nevada Public Radio offers a unique opportunity for a sales professional to apply for the position of Account Executive. In a highly visible outside position, this motivated sales representative will act as one of the station’s ambassadors to the business community. Following a consultative sales approach, under the direction of the Corporate Support Manager and/or the Senior Director of Revenue, the Account Executive will develop and grow new and existing local and regional support by targeting markets, initiating cold calls, setting appointments, presenting, prospecting, proposing marketing solutions, and closing sales with owners, decision makers, advertising agencies and media buyers. Primary responsibilities include securing media buys for locally produced broadcast programming, online media, print publications, and special events.
The Account Executive will work closely with the Corporate Support Manager and/or the Senior Director of Revenue to gain a full understanding of our suite of products and organizational culture, but the growth potential in this position is limited only by your own success.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Working to learn the organizational structure and sales process for Nevada Public Radio.
- Work within in a team-based collaborative department to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales performance goals both individually and as a part of a team.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and prospects.
- Schedule on premise sales calls with both current and prospective clients.
- Submit reports of sales activities – aka call sheets.
- Identify prospective customers and compile information on competitive products.
- Facilitate accurate broadcast scheduling and airing.
- Facilitate on-air spot content and adherence to FCC guidelines (under advisement of Station Management).
- Manage progress on client development and sales initiatives utilizing Salesforce.
- Maintain accurate client and prospect files and records that are current, organized, and accessible.
- Maintain correct billing and contract information for all clients/prospects
- Adhere to accounting department payment and collection procedures.
- Represent organization at community networking events.
- Understand and use broadcast research such as Arbitron and qualitative statistics from sources including Scarborough.
- Work towards an understanding of the unique nature of public radio to be able to effectively advocate for the products and services.
- Participate in organizational fundraising and community events as directed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
This position will be evaluated based on demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in carrying out the duties assigned above:
- Strong communications skills.
- Must be computer proficient—particularly in Excel and Word and able to learn Marketron traffic software, and other media statistical software.
- Ability to identify, cultivate and maintain immediate and long-term business relationships with numerous clients.
- Ability to project a professional and persuasive demeanor.
- Skilled in time management.
- Ability to actively contribute as a team member of the organization.
- Highly motivated and creative with knowledge of required marketing skills, and a willingness to develop and learn through training.
- An understanding of and appreciation for advertising sales.
- High School Graduate/GED and/or Associates Degree with extensive industry experience. Bachelor’s degree in a compatible field is a plus.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Driver’s license and insured vehicle that can be used for station business
Base Salary - $30,000 plus commission; full-time, exempt position with comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Email, Fax or Mail a cover letter stating interest and source where you learned of the open position. Please include your resume and three professional references.
Mail, E-Mail or Fax to:
Nevada Public Radio
Attn: Human Resources
1289 S. Torrey Pines Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Fax: (702) 258-5646
Applicants considered for this position may be required to submit to a background check.
All Nevada Public Radio employees are asked to sign their understanding of and compliance with our Employee Handbook upon acceptance of an offer of employment. This document covers the benefits available to NVPR employees, our policies and procedures and our commitment to providing a safe, inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming work environment.
In addition, upon acceptance of an offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to sign in acknowledgement of receiving, reviewing and understanding of the responsibilities and essential functions of the position as stated and the at-will status of the position.
Nevada Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.