The Website Coordinator maintains the website for Nevada Public Radio. This position creates audience resources, encourages repeat visits, audio usage and participation in online activities. The Website Coordinator will report to the Broadcast Operations Manager and is a cross-departmental position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Nevada Public Radio sites as a Drupal Admin, creating landing pages, forms, page redirects, articles, and stories.
- Create sections, menus and blocks in Drupal CMS as needed.
- Maintain Podcast feeds using RSS and Podbean.
- Coordinate with Development staff to execute online advertising for NVPR sites. Provide support for other online development activities including Pledge Drive and other promotional events.
- Manage Google Ads for all departments.
- Provide web reporting using Google Analytics for Development and Marketing.
- Manage domain names, SSL Certificates, and web hosting
- Occasional use of Google Ad Words, Google Tags and Facebook Business Manager to support marketing campaigns.
- Customize Drupal and Neon CMS with HTML and CSS as needed.
- Manage hosting and SSL certificates and support tickets.
- Provide back-up organization-wide support and training for any CMS-related duties.
- Spearhead migration to NPR (National Public Radio) CMS Platform and handle org-wide training.
- Miscellaneous - other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- This position will be evaluated based on demonstrating the following skills and abilities in carrying out the duties assigned above:
- Ability to write in HTML and CSS plus Adobe Photoshop to customize landing pages.
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, Facebook Business Manager, Drupal (or similar CMS) management.
- Familiarity of Microsoft office (excel, word, PowerPoint)
- Able to troubleshoot web issues efficiently
- Ability to work with multiple departments in the same organization prioritizes projects, manage own work product in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide creative, cost-effective solutions to managing online content
- Ability to write effective, clear, and creative copy to communicate the style and standards of Nevada Public Radio
- Minimum: 1-2 years’ experience in Content Management with Drupal, WordPress, or a similar CMS. Strong organizational, writing, and computer skills, and the ability to work to daily deadlines.
- Desirable: Degree in web design/online marketing/media/communications/journalism or equivalent. Knowledge of public radio style, standards, and mission.
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Neon
- Experience with Grove
- Previous public radio, marketing, or web design background
- Experience with Chrome Dev Tools
Commensurate on experience; full-time with excellent benefits package.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, reach and sit for up to (10) hours
FLSA Classification – Exempt; salaried
Applicants considered for this position may be required to submit to a background check.
All Nevada Public Radio employees are asked to sign their understanding of and compliance with our Employee Handbook upon acceptance of an offer of employment. This document covers the benefits available to NVPR employees, our policies and procedures and our commitment to providing a safe, inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming work environment.
In addition, upon acceptance of an offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to sign in acknowledgement of receiving, reviewing, and understanding of the responsibilities and essential functions of the position as stated and the at-will status of the position.
Nevada Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Email, Fax or Mail a cover letter stating interest and source where you learned of the open position. Please include your resume and three professional references.
Nevada Public Radio
Attn: Human Resources
1289 S Torrey Pines Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Fax: (702) 258-5646