Media Sales Manager
Northern California Public Media (NorCal) is currently seeking a Media Sales Manager based in the San Francisco region. Comprised of two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM, NorCal offers PBS, NPR and Independent Public Broadcasting programming to the community.
The Media Sales Manager will create and drive revenue growth for NorCal’s media platforms through new and existing underwriting sales and strategic partnerships.
Essential Job Duties:
- Secure corporate, government and non-profit sponsorships for multimedia initiatives, TV and FM programming, NorCal digital platforms and other projects.
- Research potential underwriters and formulate sales strategies.
- Contact prospective clients through new leads, cold calls, promotional events, or other means and arrange for sales presentations. Follow up on sales leads.
- Develop and present customized sales proposals and compelling pitches.
- In collaboration with NorCal’s graphic designer, update and expand underwriting marketing materials as needed.
- Maintain timely and professional communication and interaction with clients, potential sponsors, and NorCal staff.
- Update sales reports and meet weekly with the Development Director.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to the mission and goals of NorCal and to public broadcasting.
- Remain current with PBS and NPR underwriting standards and trends.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft word documents, PDFs, contact management databases, demographic data, and presentation software related to the job. Attend training sessions, workshops, events, and conferences as required.
- Develop and manage underwriting-related special events and other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Outgoing and professional with a positive attitude
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, insurance coverage and be willing to travel throughout the greater Bay Area
- Ability to perform all of aspects of this job safely and satisfactorily with or without accommodation
This is a Full-Time, Exempt base salary position with sales bonuses. Benefits offered—medical, dental, and 403B. Temporary remote work due to COVID-19.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject heading “MediaSales—CPB.”
For more information on NorCal visit us at www.norcalpublicmedia.org
NorCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer