Northern California Public Media (NorCal) is currently seeking a Multimedia Reporter for the News department. Based in Sonoma County, CA, NorCal serves the San Francisco region. Comprised of two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM, NorCal offers PBS and NPR programming to the community.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for audio storytelling, be able to file radio features and/or news spots quickly and be able to juggle multiple deadlines. Duties will include, but not be limited to producing audio stories for radio, assisting with live T.V. news broadcasts, audience engagement, and posting stories on norcalpublicmedia.org and social media. This position will work under the supervision of the News Director.
Essential Job Duties:
- Pitches and develops story ideas for news broadcasts
- Reports, produces, and edits news stories for broadcast on the radio, with special attention to using diverse sources
- Responds to listener questions and feedback using audience engagement platforms
- Assists with producing video stories for television and with live T.V. broadcasts
- Ability to go live on T.V. and/or radio during breaking news as needed
- May be asked to work outside normal hours, including weekends and evenings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual Spanish speaker strongly preferred
- At least one-year experience in broadcast journalism and audio production
- Excellent communication skills
- Some knowledge or familiarity with Northern California, particularly issues of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Proficiency with digital field audio recording equipment
- Digital audio editing experience, ideally with Pro Tools
- A track record of turning around sound rich, compelling audio stories on a tight deadline
- Ability to collaborate on projects with a team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for assisting with other projects as needed
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt (40 hours/week) position. Benefits offered—medical, dental, and 403B. Temporary remote work due to COVID-19.
How to apply:
Send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and three published work samples (preferably audio stories) to email@example.com with the subject heading “Multimedia Reporter-CPB.” Apply by October 1st.
For more information on NorCal visit us at www.norcalpublicmedia.org
NorCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer