Northern California Public Media (NorCal) serves the San Francisco region through two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM. As one of the few community-owned and operated media entities serving the region, NorCal offers PBS, NPR and Independent Public Broadcasting programming.
NorCal currently seeks a Producer/Videographer/Editor to join their production team. Reporting to the TV Executive Producer, the PVE will be responsible for planning, shooting, and editing short and long-form broadcast television and digital content.
- Write, produce, shoot, and edit television and radio short-form projects to support fundraising efforts, including pledge drives, auction, and underwriting
- Production in the television and radio studios, and in the field, including camera, audio, lighting, and other functions
- Production lead and support for long and short-form content in the appropriate formats for a range of delivery platforms
- Production of current events and news programming
- Production of on-air television promotions, both local and national as needed
- Video post-production, including video editing in Adobe Premiere, graphics, audio mixing, color correction, and transcoding
- Audio post-production, including audio editing in Avid ProTools, and/or Adobe Audition
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of asset management and media archiving
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Knowledge of digital videography and workflow for broadcast
- Knowledge of current digital media production, equipment and data management processes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Hold to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to manage priorities and workflow and meet daily deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work overtime as the needs of the company warrant
- Public television and non-profit experience a plus
- Fluent Spanish a plus
- Experience working in live control room and studio production environments
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications required
- Motion graphics and After Effects a plus
- On-camera and voiceover experience a plus
This is an on-site role that requires the employee to work at our Rohnert Park, California office.
What we offer:
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position with benefits offered—medical, dental, vision, 403B, paid vacation and holidays, diversity training programs, flexible work schedule, and mental health resources. The salary is $52,000 per year.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Production—CPB.”
NorCal is an equal opportunity employer and is mindful of the importance of the reflection of our community's diversity in our work and in our workforce. To support diversity, the Board of Directors commits to making all reasonable efforts to have our workforce, especially in our management team, reflect that community diversity. The past few years have seen good progress in this direction with the addition of several bilingual, bicultural staff members, African American staffers, and the continuing strength of women in management positions. In order to continue this success, Northern California Public Media commits to participate in minority and other diversity job and opportunity fairs. To the degree possible we will also seek and include diverse individuals in internships and work-study programs.
For more information on NorCal visit us at www.norcalpublicmedia.org