Northern California Public Media (NorCal) is currently seeking a TV Executive Producer. Based in Sonoma County, CA, NorCal serves the San Francisco region. Comprised of two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM, NorCal offers PBS, NPR and Independent Public Broadcasting programming to the community.
The TV Executive Producer oversees the television production functions of the organization including the production of local programming, on-air promotion guidance, and on-air branding. The TV Executive Producer oversees the TV production staff, freelances, volunteers and interns engaged in TV production.
- Review work in progress for TV productions, digital presentation, and TV related printed material
- Evaluate and manage on-air TV promotion presentation and branding
- Review and manage video presentation of the digital app and social media presentation
- Evaluate and manage presentation of TV and video areas of the website
- Collaborate with Engineering and TV Programming on all aspects of TV production
- Meet with community partners including independent producers, production partners, subject matter experts and talent to develop local and regional content for broadcast or digital presentation
- Manage grants and sponsorships as they relate to TV production project deliverables
- Knowledge of humanities, science and political issues
- Knowledge and understanding of production pipelines, on-air promotion, national syndication, budgets and multimedia platforms.
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, coach, and develop employees
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, Excel, Joomla and Photoshop
- ProTrack experience a plus
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of public media station management and policies and/or educational media and nonprofit management and policies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work occasional late evenings and weekends
- Minimum of seven years media experience
- Minimum of five years of management experience
- BA/BS degree in media, management, or other related field
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
What we offer:
This is a Full-Time, Exempt base salary position with benefits offered—medical, dental, 403B, paid vacation and holidays.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to TVEP@norcalpublicmedia.org with the subject heading “TV EP — CPB.”
For more information on NorCal visit us at www.norcalpublicmedia.org
NorCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TVEP@norcalpublicmedia.org with the subject heading “TV EP — CPB.”