Northwest Public Broadcasting
We are seeking an exceptional leader to become the next General Manager of Northwest Public Broadcasting (NWPB), a service of the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication at Washington State University.
Based in Pullman, Washington, NWPB spans a network of 19 radio stations and two television stations, plus 14 radio and two TV translators, reaching 3.6 million people in 44 counties. NWPB operates as a combined multi-media organization, delivering TV, radio, digital media and streaming services to approximately 80% of Washington state as well as parts of Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia. https://www.nwpb.org
The General Manager of NWPB oversees the statewide network, bringing strategic and visionary leadership to the planning and execution of all aspects of the organization’s structure, operations and finances. Reporting to the Dean of the Murrow College of Communication at WSU, the General Manager is responsible for and directs the use of all resources and assets of NWPB including personnel, financial, physical infrastructure, and broadcast/digital content. As the leader of a mission-driven organization, the General Manager will actively work with the fundraising and other revenue teams for NWPB.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or a related field, and seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience, including at least four (4) years of management/supervisory experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Proven experience managing organizational changes.
- Knowledge and experience of rapidly changing media technology and audience needs.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience leading revenue generation and fundraising activities.
- Experience working in public, non-commercial broadcasting or in management and operating functions in nonprofit administration, news and public affairs reporting, governmental agency administration and/or corporate social responsibility leadership.
- Experience in digital media production, live and web streaming.
- Understanding of FCC regulations and compliance.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Understanding of or experience in university and dual licensee operations.
A full NWPB position description can be found here:
NETA Consulting is assisting NWPB with this search. Please submit a cover letter, resume and one-page vision statement for NWPB and public media to: email@example.com
For the best consideration, please submit application materials by Friday, October 29.
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.