The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority announces the opening of the full-time position titled Master Control Operator located in Oklahoma City. The most qualified candidate(s) will be contacted for an interview.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, dependable, self-motivated, and be a team player. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations.
This position involves monitoring and operating a computer-based automation system and various broadcast equipment. Position will require working nights and weekends.
- Ingesting media and file-based programs to meet scheduled on-air dates.
- Verifying media for proper playout on four broadcast channels which includes quality control to ensure proper video, audio, closed captioning, plus.
- Replacing existing content when notified of discrepancies/program changes.
- Monitoring DTV transmitters at the four agency locations throughout the state.
- Escalating problems according to local procedures.
- Document required reporting readings and maintaining logs in compliance with FAA/FCC regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years working in a similar role with strong understanding of HDTV.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- The ability to follow verbal and written direction is required.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and mange time effectively.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and engagement with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with strong computer skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot while maintaining good customer service skills.
- Must be able to work alone for long hours and remain productive.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Salary range: $36,000 - $38,000. A generous benefit package including health, leave, retirement plus much more is included.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, application and resume to OETA, Human Resources, P.O. Box 14190, Oklahoma City, OK 73113, (405) 848-8501. Applications can be downloaded from www.oeta.tv or in person at 7403 N Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City.
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OETA, Human Resources, P.O. Box 14190, Oklahoma City, OK 73113, (405) 848-8501, or email firstname.lastname@example.org