The Membership Coordinator is responsible for revenue generation in the area of individual giving for KSMU and Ozarks Public Television. The Membership Coordinator engages in strategic planning, implementation, and follow-up in all station membership fundraising activities which includes on-air pledge events, direct mail campaigns, digital fundraising, and telemarketing campaigns. The Membership Coordinator plans and executes marketing activities designed to better understand member needs and preferences and develops targeted fundraising appeals to new member, mid-level and major donors in order to develop higher renewal rates, increased levels of giving, and overall growth of membership roster.
Description of Primary Duties
1. Encourages giving to KSMU and Ozarks Public Television by writing print, on-air, email, social media, and web materials, including scriptwriting for radio and television pledge drives, development of on-air membership promotions spots, letter writing for renewal and additional gift mailings, creating digital engagement materials through multiple platforms, and development of membership surveys to better gauge satisfaction with programming and member benefits.
2. Maintains accurate membership records by entering contributions and pledges, program preferences, and contact information using specialized public broadcasting software.
3. Develops effective fundraising strategies by analyzing mail, e-communications, pledge, and telemarketing statistics and analyzing Arbitron and Nielsen audience data to target peak on-air fundraising opportunities.
4. Provides and analyzes data for Corporation for Public Broadcasting system reporting on public broadcasting membership and develops fundraising projections for pledge programming based on historical analysis and research of national giving for pledge programs.
5. Maintains good donor relationships by ensuring timely premium distribution, providing timely responses to member questions, conducting training for phone bank volunteers during pledge events, and developing activities to interact with donors in meaningful ways.
6. Assists with on-air pledge drives by coordinating programming line-ups, pitch schedules, and pledge talent tapings.
7. Helps to establish and maintain positive interaction with listeners and viewers by taking phone calls, greeting visitors to the station and directing them to the appropriate person, and responding to mail and email correspondence from listeners and viewers.
8. Markets the benefits of membership at special events such as Kids Club events, the Wine and Food Celebration, concerts, and community festivals.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts in the community and within the industry, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Membership Manager.
11. Contributes to the overall success of KSMU and OPT by performing all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Education: A high school diploma is required; a bachelor’s degree in Media, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: With a high school diploma, two years of media, public relations, or fundraising experience is required. With a bachelor’s degree as described above, no experience is required.
Skills: Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are required. Strong writing skills are required. The ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, including the ability to learn new applications, is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: This position moves and transports boxes of marketing materials.
The position is open until filled; review of applications begins September 6. Apply online at https://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/46712.
Apply online at https://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/46712.