Position: Manager, Broadcast and Information Technology
Hours: Full time 40 hours/week
The Manager of Broadcast and Information Technology maintains computer systems and IT infrastructure to provide a quality multichannel broadcast to further the mission of PBS Kansas. This person may work occasional weekends and holidays. This position requires attention to detail of the station automation system, broadcast servers and helping to troubleshoot difficulties that arise.
If you want to work with a talented and dynamic team of people who are inspired to serve our community and clients, consider applying for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Working knowledge of:
- Networking switches, system administration & firewall configuration.
- Windows and Linux server upkeep and maintenance & PowerShell.
- Desktop setup and management, both Windows & Mac.
- Management of Microsoft Exchange, general spam filtering & malware prevention systems.
- Helpdesk support.
- Demonstrated skills in Audiovisual systems operation and understanding.
- Position requires good color recognition and hearing sufficient to monitor picture and sound quality as required.
- Able to quickly respond to changing operations situations.
- Strong strategic, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid drivers’ license and vehicle insurance.
- Knowledge of electronic theory and use of common test equipment preferred.
- Programming/development experience in HTML, Perl and PHP a plus
PBS Kansas is Kansas Public Telecommunications Service, Inc. It is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, natural origin, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status, or age. Discriminatory employment is specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.
PBS Kansas is a community-licensed and affiliated with Public Broadcast System (PBS) and operates as a not-for-profit public media entity.