Graphic Designer, Student Reporting Labs
Full-time, Grant Funded, Exempt
ABOUT THE ROLE
SRL is searching for a talented, highly detail-oriented, Graphic Designer to work with members of our team to develop a style guide for a variety of content needs, including materials for teenagers and educators. You’ll focus on creating motion graphics, graphic art, and visual materials for videos, websites, curriculum and other branding and communications needs that successfully convey SRL’s youth-centered aesthetic.
This is a 12-month, grant funded position. Continuation of role is dependent upon additional funding.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Your graphics will help us get our messages across in ways that are memorable, effective, and aesthetically pleasing and excel with motion graphics. You know how to work with our team to translate goals and ideas into design concepts. You understand the process of feedback and enjoy working with different team members on multiple iterations of design phases to produce the best work. You are comfortable working as part of a team to create a larger design, or to complete a small portion of a big project.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Creativity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High proficiency in Adobe’s Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Experience creating motion graphics, required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify typography and branding trends for younger audiences.
- Comfort with coding and working with programming scripts.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or related field; three to five years of experience in graphic design; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Generous 403(B) employer match
- Free parking (when back onsite)
- Holiday and paid leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
ABOUT THE PBS NEWSHOUR STUDENT REPORTING LABS (SRL)
SRL is an award-winning national youth journalism program that connects classrooms and after school programs to local public media stations and the PBS NewsHour. SRL is a leader in the youth media landscape, currently operating in 150 school communities in 46 states. Thousands of teachers use SRL’s journalism, civic engagement and video production resources, and participating students produce video journalism that is regularly featured on local and national news media. SRL consists of a small, ambitious and talented team of journalism and education professionals who work closely with a growing network of students, teachers and public media partners.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.