Friends of PBS Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Public Radio Association are hiring a non-profit financial specialist. This position will provide financial support for large scale fundraising events such as the Garden and Landscape Expo and Great Wisconsin Quilt Show. This position will process accounts payable and receivable transactions, reconcile credit card transactions, and a variety of other fun, finance-related duties. This position also supports the finance managers in preparing financial reports for leadership and oversight boards and committees, assists with the annual audits, and Form 990s. Outside of required events and meetings, this position may be primarily remote or hybrid.
You'll receive a competitive salary, recognition of life-work integration and excellent benefits as part of UW-Madison and will join a team of fun-loving, hard-working finance folks who support the great, mission-driven work of our colleagues at PBS Wisconsin and Wisconsin Public Radio providing educational and entertaining content to the citizens of Wisconsin.
Primarily reviews, approves, and advises on a variety of complex financial transactions. Reconciles transactions. Maintains financial records, provides administrative processing support, and provides customer service for staff and customers in an assigned program area to support program financial management. Recommends controls and process improvements and troubleshoots complex financial errors. May be a lead or resource for others in the unit.
- 30% Monitors financial transactions and fund balances and generates and reconciles complex reports and statements in accordance with established rules and regulations
- 20% Reviews and approves complex transactions and assigns funding codes in accordance with established rules, regulations, and policies
- 5% Reallocates expenses to appropriate funding strings
- 15% Drafts communications and reports and maintains organization of varied records to provide administrative support within a specified work unit
- 5% Answers complex fiscal questions and provides information based on set materials and standards to various audiences
- 5% Reviews transaction processing internal controls and recommends policies and procedures
- 20% Review and code accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions related to fundraising events such as the garden expo, quilt show, and auction and membership drives, assisting with cash controls and associated reconciliations
For more information on this position and how to apply, please visit: https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/non-profit-financial-specialist-madison-wisconsin-united-states