PBS12 is looking for the next underwriting sales superstar to join our team and to help provide the revenue and fuel that makes this engine go! The ideal candidate has experience in selling underwriting to businesses in support of public media, or other television sales experience and is passionate about mission driven work. The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth in underwriting account sales for PBS12. They will be a high-energy sales professional who can recognize opportunities and be responsible for the entire sales process-from lead generation to close and eventually long-lasting partnerships. Responsibilities will include identifying prospects, managing a pipeline, and building relationships on behalf of the station with businesses interested in on-air exposure and support of PBS12. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and Marketing.
- Sell underwriting packages to clients through an outside sales strategy including attending external leads groups and business events, lunch, and dinner meetings, and making new business calls.
- Identify and research prospects, develop client relationships, understand client goals, and present proposals to interested businesses, organizations, and agencies.
- Identify and cultivate a pipeline of businesses and organizations to purchase on-air sponsorship announcements to support the station’s content and programming and help reach its revenue goals.
- Follow-up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met and strong customer service is being executed.
- This position will compile and analyze sales data and trends and will develop a sales strategy and set quotas.
- Create proposals and support clients through the entire underwriting process which includes working with programming to create on-air spot schedules, traffic orders, overseeing that spots air correctly and managing the invoice process with clients in partnership with the programming and finance team.
- Work with the Marketing team to support stewardship of clients including hosting tours, events, and gatherings. Ensure all print and digital materials produced by marketing effectively support the sales process.
- Provide excellent customer service to all underwriting clients.
- Create monthly reports to share with internal and Board of Directors teams to track acquisition, retention, and other KPIs.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years in business development, sales, fundraising, advertising, or related field.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities proficiency:
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate, and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communications
- CRM database systems
- Microsoft Suite
To Apply: Please send a single PDF document including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.