PBS12 is a dynamic, creative place to work with talented employees having diverse backgrounds and interests who are committed to a common goal and work hard to achieve it.
The Mission of PBS12 is to share the real, personal stories of the Colorado experience that celebrate our lifestyles and tackle the issues that define our state.
PBS12 strives to fulfill this mission by:
- Exercising and supporting freedom of expression and independence from political and commercial forces.
- Respecting our viewers, members and public as, first and foremost, inquisitive and discerning citizens.
- Addressing social issues and public concerns that are not otherwise adequately covered in the community.
- Cultivating an environment of discovery, learning, collaboration, mutual regard, tolerance and civic pride.
- Encouraging experimentation, creativity, new ideas and high standards in all aspects of our work.
- Providing a safe haven for children.
- Serving under-represented interests by providing access to diverse and opposing viewpoints.
- Working cooperatively and in partnership with other organizations and interests that share our goals in the community.
- Exercising responsible stewardship of our human, fiscal and other resources.
Reporting to the Vice President of Content and Community, the Director of Production is responsible for overseeing all aspects of implementation for assigned PBS12 short form, long form, and client projects. This position is a thought partner to the VP of Content and Community, playing a key role in content creation.
Duties include oversight of quality control, planning, staffing, budgeting, program placement and related promotions and supports VP of Content and Community Partnerships as needed.
Leading production activities in support of organizational priorities, the Director of Production introduces new ideas and concepts that align with a project’s brand initiatives. This position will collaborate with the VP of Development and Marketing, as well as the VP Content and Community Partnerships to expand programming opportunities and interests and well as help grow PBS12 in the marketplace.
Important to this role is understanding the leadership expectations of this position and the entire team.
The Director of Production must have a personal and professional connection to the Mission of our organization. This position must contribute toward a team centered approach and environment. This position will be transparent with the activities of their work, inviting others into the work in order to allow for celebration of success and learnings through opportunities for change. The position must demonstrate personal and professional accountability to our community, employees, and Board members for performance that this position and its team complete. Finally, the Director of Production will create change by being bold in our thoughts and actions that generate the need for urgency as we forge ahead as a thought leader in our industry.
- Introduce new ideas and concepts that align with a project’s brand initiatives
- Broaden the vision of production and execution to include efficient workflows and growth of broadcasts
- Oversee and coordinate the production schedule and tech checks
- Expand program aesthetic, lighting and set direction to be even more relevant to current and future production levels
- Ensure production projects meet the intended brand image and meets goals of PBS12
- Work closely with digital marketing to expand content and be more connected to community interest in the marketplace
- Responsible for helping to oversee budgets and forecasting as it relates to productions
- Set and maintain standards for production
- Works with VP of Content and Community to cultivate relationships with external producers and freelancers
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcast, marketing or related field, or equivalent level of experience.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of overall professional experience
- At least 5 years managing a team or staff
- Has previous experience with crew management in the field and in studio
- Has experience in physical production, production management
- Has experience in story, concept development.
- Has experience with production budgets and accounting practices
- Has experience in post-production.
- Strong project management background
- Strong scrip writing skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of television programming operations.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities proficiency:
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Interprets and seeks information, uses independent reasoning to diagnose the root cause of situations or issues, identifies and tests solutions and thinks beyond what is typical or customary. Uses information to determine benefits and impact in making decision and/or recommendations.
- Project/Program/Service Management - Ability to coordinate and administer programs/project activities and protocols. Ability to manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality issues associated with the program/project.
- Written and Oral Communications - Ability to present information to individuals or groups; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others. Ability to impact and influence others to further the organizations strategic objectives.
Please send a single PDF document including cover letter and resume to email@example.com.