- PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 is the home of public television station PBS39/WLVT, the local NPR news station WLVR, and the television stations PBS39 Extra, Create TV, WORLD Channel and France 24 , as well as the Lehigh Valley Reads and Battling Opioids initiatives. Lehigh Valley Public Media is the umbrella for all our brands and initiatives.
- We are in an exciting new era for the organization, and we seek talented team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
- Our Mission Statement: PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
- Reporting to the CFO, this position has the primary responsibility for the organization’s financial accounting and reporting.
- Monthly Reporting
- Project level budgeting, reporting and analysis
- Account Analysis
- Assist in preparation of annual and long-term plans
- General Accounting
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Reporting
- Assist in preparation of CFO presentations
- Function as a backup for the Financial Administrator
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Assist in review and implementation of new systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
- At least three years of prior accounting experience.
- Non-profit experience is helpful but not required.
- Solid Accounting knowledge
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Good communications skills
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics a plus but not required
- Database and PowerBI experience a plus but not required.
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- May be asked to work longer hours to complete projects and meet deadlines.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
If there is no option to apply through this job posting site, please send the following via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
- References (will not be contacted unless you are a finalist)
- Please also indicate how you found out about the position
- Include the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please
PBS39/WLVR 91.3 is an equal opportunity employer.