PBS39 and WLVR Radio are part of Lehigh Valley Public Media, a 50-year young non-profit located in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. The organization is beginning an exciting new era and seeks talented and energetic team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
As a member of the Development team, the Director, Grants secures private support for PBS39, 93.1 WLVR News and its affiliates by conducting the full range of activities required to obtain grants including: identifying and researching prospective funders, matching funder mission to public media, local journalism, education and our other local market initiatives, preparing timely proposals, and managing the grant process from conception to completion. In addition, the Director, Grants will seek out a select number of local and national foundations and steward the relationships with each. This is an excellent opportunity for the Director, Grants who wants to pursue multiple verticals for funding including public media, local journalism, education, arts and culture, workforce development and others.
- Lead in the development of strategies for funding requests to foundations, government entities, corporate foundations, and charitable giving programs.
- Gather information on specific programs requiring funding; align project elements with funder interests and grant requirements.
- Develop relationships with local and national foundations to further advance the efforts of Lehigh Valley Public Media.
- Compile, write and edit quality grant applications/proposals.
- Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines and facilitating agreement regarding content and budgets with other departments and project partners.
- Manage calendar and timely submission of grant applications, reports, contracts, and other documents.
- Maintain a system for tracking grant submissions, reporting deadlines, and renewal due dates.
- Manage the activity of the Program Coordinator, Grants whose responsibilities include follow-up letters, proof of performance documents, reports and related activities to meet funder requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in research and grant writing.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful large grant proposals.
- Ability to understand and embrace multiple initiatives and pursue funding for them
- Ability to develop and steward business relationships with funders
- Translating organizational efforts to prospects’ and donors’ needs.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania as well as national foundations and corporations preferred.
- Passion for public media mission; its vision, values and content.
- Motivating and working with diverse constituencies.
- Understanding of fundraising best practices
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Education, business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
- Well-developed written and oral communication
- Analytical, organizational, and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate to funders, program officers, subject matter experts, and colleagues
- Planning and working under pressure of deadlines
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform with a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and discretion.
- The position may require some occasional hours that include nights and weekend dates that are key to Development initiatives.
No phone calls, please.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Director, Grants (job title) in subject line.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is an equal opportunity employer.