PBS39 and WLVR Radio are part of Lehigh Valley Public Media, a 50-year young non-profit located in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. The organization is beginning an exciting new era and seeks talented and energetic team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
WLVT-PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR News (NPR) is seeking an experienced media sales professional to join our Development team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative individual to be an integral part of a growing public media organization that is local and community centric. Responsibilities will include securing sponsorship of our TV and Radio programming, as well as our events, initiatives and digital products.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain long-term relationships with decision makers of local businesses and corporations.
- Understand the customer’s needs and develop program, event and initiative sponsorship opportunities that offer solutions to help fuel their growth.
- This is a 360-degree sales position that includes prospecting, needs assessments, proposal creation and presentation, securing the sale, and servicing the account.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of the LVPM’s strategic plan and priorities to build productive relationships. Become conversant in the public media value proposition, our TV and Radio programming, as well as the impact of all our local initiatives provided to community.
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward goals and provide reports as requested.
- The Sponsorship and Underwriting Development candidate should be a strong team player since they will interact with multiple internal teams.
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
The ideal Sponsorship and Underwriting Development candidate should:
- Possess a thoughtful and positive demeanor.
- Demonstrate a successful track record in media and/or event sales.
- Understand the value of, and display a passion for Public Media (PBS, NPR).
- Able to create thoughtful and persuasive written, oral and presentation communications, as well as the ability to explain the organization’s efforts to existing and prospective sponsors.
- Possess a high level of integrity. Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; a self-starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CMS database systems.
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years’ experience in media sales, marketing or related fields in a complex organization; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The position may require some occasional hours that include nights and weekend dates that are key to Sales initiatives.
No phone calls, please.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Sponsorship and Underwriting Development in subject line.
Lehigh Valley Public Media is an equal opportunity employer.