The external affairs department leads AmDoc branding, messaging and positioning efforts to increase awareness, audiences and support for our work. This newly created role will be part of the development team and work closely with marketing, communications, program and finance staff to effectively execute organizational fundraising objectives.
Over the past three years, AmDoc has significantly increased its donor base and now needs an enthusiastic team player to help develop, implement and enthusiastically execute an individual giving strategy. The Donor Relations Manager will cultivate and steward relationships with individual donors and serve as a key liaison with AmDoc board and other stakeholders as needed. The position will also play a critical role in planning and executing related special events, and representing AmDoc in the field.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, detail-oriented and thoughtful “people person” who can effectively manage multiple projects with timeliness and tact. This is a full-time position with occasional evening and weekend availability as required for special events and other departmental duties.
- Work closely with VPEA to design and implement organizational individual giving strategy year-round donor cultivation and stewardship activities, and be a part of the core team behind planning and executing Annual Gala in the fall
- Manage a growing portfolio of active and prospective donors and serve as key liaison for this constituency
- Manage and improve donor processes and systems, including database management
- Collaborate with marketing and communication team to produce donor-related copy and collateral such as invitations, programs, and other promotional materials
- Support leadership with donor research, briefing materials and reporting information
- Work closely with departmental consultants, assistants and interns as needed
- Other duties as required
- A least 5 years of nonprofit experience and progressive experience with donor groups and special events
- Demonstrated knowledge of G Suite apps (e.g. docs, sheets, calendar), project management programs (e.g. Asana) and CRM/donor management databases (e.g. Filemaker)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with proven experience producing marketing materials, direct mail appeals, e-appeals, and social media copy
- Exceptional event planning and project management skills; “host/ess with the most/ess”
- Interest in documentary storytelling, contemporary social issues, and/or public media
- Familiarity with NYC/tri-state area/national film, media, and cultural landscapes
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Donor Relations Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only respond personally to the applicants who best meet our needs for this position. American Documentary, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.