Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Summary: Public Broadcasting Atlanta is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Accounting Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Finance and working closely with the Senior Accountant, this position will be responsible for the maintenance of financial records, entering general ledger transactions, and providing general support to the Finance Department. The position requires strong communication and collaboration skills, working closely with individuals throughout the organization as well as vendors that have key business relationships with PBA. The position plays an important role related to efficient, accurate handling of financial transactions to ensure effective operations and minimize financial risk to PBA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive and organize vendor invoices and check requests.
• Receive and deposit incoming checks and payments.
• Communicate with internal employees regarding appropriate invoice approvals and coding.
• Create weekly AP aging for management review and process vendor checks.
• Assist with the collection of monthly American Express expense reports for processing.
• Accurately execute daily processes and controls in a timely manner while ensuring company policies are followed.
• Maintain and update vendor and customer database.
• Maintaining an effective filing system.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Thorough and excellent attention to detail.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Understanding of basic Accounting principles.
• Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 2-3 years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong computer and software skills with MS Office tools (specifically Excel).
• MIP Fund Accounting experience preferred.
• Must be positive, hardworking and goal oriented.
• Change/Adaptability/Flexibility--- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Communication--- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, has active listening skills.
• Initiative --- Focused on results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility. Motivated to be successful.
• Collaboration--- Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively. Seeks opportunities to work on teams to provide a financial perspective to projects.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org