Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
SUMMARY: Public Broadcasting Atlanta is seeking a Marketing Manager to work across properties and projects at WABE (Atlanta’s NPR station) and ATL PBA (Atlanta’s PBS station). We are looking for someone who has either worked in an agency (advertising, digital, custom content solutions, pr) or in the media category and someone who is a strong project manager, strategic, analytical, creative, strong communication skills (written and verbal) and collaborative. This person will be in charge of all marketing support across key initiatives for the organization (podcasts, cross-platform priorities, education, events, sponsorship proposals and fundraising communications).
- Project manage the ideation and execution of multi-faceted marketing partnerships for new and existing properties, such as podcast promotion and live podcast shows
- Project manage the use of internal marketing assets to promote organization initiatives
- Support the analysis and execution of WABE and ATL PBA brand campaigns
- Support the strategic development of custom content solutions for sponsorship (underwriting)
- Assess partnership requests for their strategic value and make data and insight-driven recommendations to management
- Develop and manage internal promotional support tools and processes to leverage in-house marketing assets (radio, tv, digital promotion, e-newsletters)
- Work closely with internal and external partners to establish and nurture relationships
- Manage budgets
- Design and analyze market research and develop strategic and tactical POVs to translate into marketing and branding strategies
- Establish, track and communicate KPIs to senior management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and project management in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Strong communicator with a passion for WABE and ATL PBA’s mission and product
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Record of developing marketing strategies that include positioning statements, providing creative direction to graphic designers and writing compelling copy
- Some experience pitching press, researching and outlining messaging strategies, and supporting awards campaigns
- Experience in digital marketing required; experience in podcast promotion desired
- Data-based examples of how you've built a strategy and audience
- Experience leading cross-channel partnerships from development to implementation
- Fluency in reporting tools, Excel, KPIs, Slack and Airtable
- Balance of creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to move between broad macro goals and tactical implementation
- Strong analytical skills and record of prompting and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to detail
- Nimble, flexible and strategic
- Self-starter adept at building project timelines
- Relationship-builder comfortable working with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Strong belief in a communicative, transparent and collaborative culture.
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility- Adapts to change that benefits PBA, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, conducts productive meetings, has active listening skills, can negotiate and persuade as needed.
- Results Focus/Initiative- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility, provides leadership/motivation.
- Collaboration- Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively.
- Analytical/Problem solving—Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Commit to Innovation
Always Strive to Do Your Best
Make a Difference
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org