Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Membership Services Special Projects Coordinator
The Special Projects Coordinator supports the membership services department, which provides customer services, database management, and other support services to the development team and the broader organization. This position reports to the Director of Membership Services and will be responsible for providing customer service support, internal reporting, financial and member data management, and establishing and monitoring internal accountability and quality control processes to strengthen team efficiency and internal communications. Responsibilities will shift according to fundraising season, for example, more customer service support is required during on-air pledge drives. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing the corporate matching gift program, including overseeing a vendor, monitoring progress of prospects, and reaching out to donors eligible to set up matching gifts.
The selected candidate will have outstanding skills in the areas of customer service, data management, and project management. Candidate will be fully comfortable with Microsoft Office software suite and have familiarity with database administration, reporting and data entry. Also desirable are financial management skills, familiarity with fundraising operations, and experience in media settings.
- Develop special projects with the Membership Services director to help increase process flow, accountabilities, record keeping and internal team communications. Help with team implementation of SharePoint and Teams for team co-working environment, data sharing, and management.
- Assist the customer service team with inbound and outbound customer service calls. Provide extra support for occasional team wide customer service priorities such as pledge drives or notification to members of large-scale changes to events.
- Build and develop the corporate matching program using Double the Donation to ensure that all prospects are contracted and that follow-up actions are taken to ensure all matching gifts are recorded and activated.
- Assist Database administrator by running reports, executing recurring processes (such as credit card transaction runs) and other quality control and data hygiene activities.
- Support build-out and entry of donor interests and attributes to generate segmented lists for fundraising and marketing purposes in the database.
- Provide general support as needed to maximize member services and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or additional fundraising training desirable.
- Experience working with databases and basic familiarity with financial management processes (e.g. revenue entry, expense accounting).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent phone etiquette and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to change course.
- Ability to lead a project area (corporate matching funds) with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative and be a strong team player.
- Experience in public media fundraising and/or digital creative skills desirable.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives).