Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Senior Coordinator, On Air Pledge and Communications
Senior Coordinator primarily works to support PBA’s on-air pledge fundraising efforts. On air pledge campaigns are comprised of three annual radio pledge drives and multiple TV pledge drives per year (in addition to intermittent on-air TV pledge appeals). This work generates a large share of the station’s revenue and also is a key driver in member acquisition. This position reports to the Director of On-Air Pledge and Strategic Initiatives. This position will drive a range of organizational, writing, and coordination responsibilities to ensure outstanding execution of pledge drives, effective and targeted communications with members, and coordination of pledge activities with fundraising, production and content team members. The position will execute on-line campaigns, coordinate with marketing and events on social media, lead local community partnership development for pledge drives, and serve as a rapid response multipurpose writer/editor for the development team. This position also will have a lead role in overseeing the vehicles donation vendor and building a robust strategy to increase revenue in this area.
The selected candidate will have outstanding skills in the areas of writing and communications (internal and external), project management, and operating web-based tools, such as campaign software. The person will need to be a flexible self-starter and innovator who can help identify successful tactics through networking outreach. Evidence of strong writing skills and experience with email marketing is required. Also, desirable are design skills, marketing or production experience, and familiarity with fundraising operations (direct mail, major gifts, pledge, grants, etc.) and public media.
- Working under the supervision of the Director of On Air Pledge and Strategic Initiatives, and in close collaboration with marketing staff, design and execute most email marketing campaigns for the department, with an emphasis on pledge drives.
- Provide leadership in project management, internal coordination, research, and other activities to build and update schedules, identify or adjust tactics, and ensure effective collaboration across major departments.
- Work closely with the fundraising operations team to continuously improve process management for fulfillment of member commitments (e.g. thank you gifts) and other interfaces where an integrated team approach to the work is essential.
- Lead outreach and development of community partnerships for pledge and fundraising purposes and collaborate with other station staff on broader partnership initiatives, as needed.
- Review current vendor practices, tactics, and internal station processes to promote vehicle donations. Develop strategies to maximize opportunities and help ensure effective stewardship and also strong website presence and marketing/promotion to increase revenue.
- Attend webinars and meetings to monitor public media trends and share out learnings with the team. Assist team with benchmarking team results against comparable stations/national trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Additional fundraising training or experience is desirable.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Experience developing and executing email marketing products and campaigns.
- Effective and strong communication/interpersonal skills (with peers and donors) are essential.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to change course.
- Ability to devise and execute strategies and team plans with minimal oversight and to drive execution with team peers across boundaries.
- Experience operating on-line campaign systems. Familiarity with CRM systems a plus.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative and be a strong team player.
- Experience in public media fundraising and/or digital creative skills desirable.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives).