Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Senior Marketing Coordinator
This Senior Marketing Coordinator position is primarily responsible for the marketing administrative needs and execution support functions for the Marketing & Communications team, including social media management, copywriting, and editing. This role will play a crucial part in the planning and management of a unified Marketing, Communications, and Events calendar, including supporting the execution of brand initiatives and programming priorities across the organization.
The Senior Marketing Coordinator will contribute to contribute to the overall goals and supporting initiatives of Public Broadcasting Atlanta (WABE, ATL PBA, related podcasts, and programs) by managing the timelines, deliverables, and tracking documentation for all annual priority campaigns.
50% Marketing Execution
- Collaborate with the MarComm team to create and publish relevant, original, and high-quality content across our channels, supporting overall strategy and execution (email, social, print, digital, video, OOH, etc.)
- Work across departments to establish new best practices for managing MarComm project, event, and campaign deliverables, while ensuring timely execution and high-quality work
- Serves as subject matter expert for performance and monthly reporting across all owned campaigns
- Acts as social media manager for Marcomm projects and initiatives, including generating assets publishing content, engagement tracking, etc.
- Provides media outreach support, including maintaining media lists, posting to wire services and creating pitches, as needed
- Supports execution of any Community Engagement and/or Event marketing initiative
- Creates meeting communications—invites, agendas, recaps, follow up
- Helps coordinate and develop detailed campaign recaps and annual reports in conjunction with Marketing, Community Engagement and Events managers
40% Administrative Support
- Manages and tracks Marcomm department and project calendar and timelines
- Handles coordination and communication of MarComm meetings and presentations—invites agenda disseminations, recaps, follow up, etc.
- Responsible for processing purchase orders and invoices for payment, as needed
10% Internal Organization Support
- Assist in helping prep for organization functions such as birthday celebrations, town halls, holiday celebrations, committee meetings
- Assist in other departmental needs such as UW events or Individual Giving events (where needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years working experience preferably in a marketing, digital marketing, or communications role, agency or client side
- Passion for marketing, media and communication
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical/strategic thinking skills
- Must have initiative and be a self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, IG, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Familiar with CRM and CMS platforms
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org