Assistant Director, Content & Business Strategy
Team: General Audience Programming
The Assistant Director, Content & Business Strategy provides strategic business analysis and operational support for key projects and initiatives to maximize the effectiveness of PBS GA content. Under the direction of the Director, Content & Business Strategy, the Assistant Director uses knowledge of both content strategy and tools of successful implementation to work across all departments at PBS, proactively managing projects; communicating GA content and business priorities; and helping to drive activities, initiatives, and projects for the GA Programming and Business Affairs teams to ensure successful outcomes.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and sustain productive relationships with all PBS departments to understand their needs, determine areas of strength and opportunity, and serve as a liaison between PBS General Audience Programming and other departments.
- Help draft and prepare talking points/scripts and other written materials for internal and external uses, as needed. Assist in preparing slides and other visual aids for presentations.
- Assist in drafting and writing reports related to grant proposals and annual PBS Board reports on diversity, content planning and content performance.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of strategic and operational initiatives, to include: defining efficient solutions to resolve issues; fostering collaboration across the organization; and ensuring focus, alignment, and prioritization of initiatives.
- Perform analysis related to programming investment to support content planning and the development of the annual GA PBS Budget and Operating plan.
- Provide support to Sr. Director of Strategic Program Partnerships on program funding-related matters, including but not limited to, the preparation of content briefs, grant reports, and other support materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- 3+ years’ in media, market research, or communications.
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience preparing executive-level presentations, written materials and talking points
- Knowledge and literacy in the media business across multiple platforms – from broadcast to digital
- Proven track record of working with and maintaining confidential information.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including superior editing, proofing, and proficiency with grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, able to research and synthesize information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance overlapping deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively, exercising sound judgment
- Ability to collaborate as a team player with all levels of staff and external stakeholders
- Proactively stays current in requisite skills within job scope, and incorporates knowledge and other feedback into work
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Consistently demonstrates respect for inclusion, diversity, and ethics
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities