Reporting to the Chief Progress Officer, the member services manager provides administrative and donor stewardship for the development department, including database management, gift processing, report generation and customer service to ensure the fundraising success of The Public’s Radio.
The Public’s Radio is a non-profit public service journalism institution, providing public media news and other programs to Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
Daily gift processing
- Process all online and mail donations and reconcile daily deposits with finance department
- Coordinate corporate matching gifts program, create associated relationships in database and follow-up with donors and/or companies as needed
- Ensure automatic monthly donations are processed as scheduled and run associated reports.
- Run all daily, weekly, and monthly processing, including pledge billing, renewal and acknowledgment files. Run and distribute reports as needed.
- Update donor records as needed, including payment information, addresses, etc.
- Coordinate credit card recapture and “precapture” process, reaching out to sustaining members who payments were declined and whose credit cards are about to expire.
- Run recommended processes and reports to maintain clean records, update addresses, giving history, address any abnormalities.
- Develop segmentation and run reports and queries as needed. Look for trends and opportunities for growth. Import and export data as needed.
- Maintain high level of systems training to ensure that database capabilities are being utilized and potentials are being realized.
- Handle all donor correspondence and distribute comments/concerns to appropriate departments as needed. Respond in a timely manner and note member records accordingly.
- Take phone donations and monitor donation email confirmations to address any concerns that appear in the “comments” field of online gifts
- Process all donor thank-you letters to ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts via mail merge. Update letters as necessary and coordinate all messaging appropriately. Send yearly tax receipts.
- Process all thank-you gifts, maintain inventory and recommend new orders as needed.
- Provide clerical support for development team.
- Provide customer service support for constituents as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as directed
- Provide behind-the-scenes support for on-air membership drives
- Represent station at events as needed
- Work closely with team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
- On-air fundraising as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Impeccable discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality in all donor matters
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Understanding of and passion for the mission of The Public’s Radio
- Sense of humor and dedication to professionalism
- College degree
- 2-3 years database management experience
- Previous experience in non-profit fundraising and donor relations
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend hours
Qualified, interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Members Services Manager. The Public’s Radio is an EEO provider and committed to fostering diversity in the workplace. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled. Full-time, salaried position. Salary commensurate with experience.